Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tolkien Trivia


A few months back I dropped in on a Tolkien meetup group. We chatted about things Tolkien over dinner, after which the organizer broke out the Tolkien Trivial Pursuit game.

I was one of four Gen-Xers in attendance who was trounced by the Gen-Y college co-ed. The four of us, you see, had jobs and other demands on our time, so we didn't have the advantage of the Gen-Yer to repeatedly watch the
Lord of the Rings movies and commit the dialog to memory. You also know you're in trouble at Trivial Pursuit when the pace-setter declares, "Gee, I don't remember this question."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post reminds me of my family. We have the Lord of the Rings trivia game too, and, though we have not seen the movies in a couple years, can still quote from them extensively and in character. Of course, I can be rather too pendantic for my own good, and tend to give qualified answers: "Well, in the movie it happened like this, but in the book, it was more like this." I like to be thorough.

Maria