Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bugatti Veyron

Bugatti Veyron

The Bugatti Veyron is the fastest, most powerful, most expensive street-legal production car in the world.
* Top speed is 253 MPH
* 0 to 60 MPH in 2.46 seconds (and 100 MPH in 5.4 seconds, 200 MPH in 20.2 seconds)
* 4 turbochargers
* 4 banks of 4 cylinders, each with 4 valves
* 10 radiators
* 1,001 HP

If the McLaren F1 were allowed to reach 120 mph before the Bugatti started, the Bugatti would still be the first to reach 200 mph.

At 230 MPH the Veyron consumes 10,000 gallons of air per minute -- as much as the average person inhales in 4 days.

When getting close to the top speed the tires will only last for about 15 minutes -- but that’s OK, because the fuel will run out in 12.

And it can be all yours for just $1,440,800.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like just the car I need for getting out of my numerous scrapes in a hurry, Sean! Eh...by the way, could you loan me a couple million bucks? I know - that's more than the cost of the car, but I think I'll be buying tires pretty often. Thanks!

God bless,

Patti

Rose Blue said...

Wondering here if that price tag includes the full-time pit crew. ;-)

Sean said...

A couple million bucks? What do I look like -- a capitalist?

Anonymous said...

Oh, come on, Sean! If that nice photo of you on your blog isn't the perfect image of a fat-cat capitalist, then I've never seen one! Share the wealth, old man! I'm just a poor ol' lady working my fingers to the bone livin' off the land...while you rich city folk eat the fruit of the sweat of my brow...sniff-sniff. A couple million is just petty cash to you, but to me it would be...eh, a Bugatti Veyron!!

Guess I'll just have to get out my little cracked cup and go about cryin' "alms for the poor" since you hard-hearted capitalists insist on depriving me of your moola which should by rights (mine) belong to me.

Just a little humor, you know! Hoe-hoe-hoe!

Patti