Sunday, August 16, 2009

Public Option: In or Out?

Source

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Sunday that a new, government-run health-insurance program wasn't the "essential element" of any overhaul plan.

An unidentified administration official soon revealed that
Sebelius misspoke. Another official then contradicted the unidentified official.

Though the statements and misstatements and contravening statements make for an interesting circus show, for my part I'd be would be glad if the public option vanished.

I realize that saying as much puts me at risk of someone notifying the Flag Crew (that team has an email where you can report "fishy" opposition to the health-care agenda) that I'm a dissident.

If contacted, I intend to ask that if it was bad for Nixon to compile an enemies list, why are they now doing it?

1 comment:

Sean said...

Well that was short-lived: the White House disabled its new email address for collectting tips on fishy health care critics -- see http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0809/26188.html