Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mexico City After All

So I went to Mexico City after all.

Friday night I arrived and was greeted by an earthquake. Cell phone coverage was spotty for a time as a result, so it took me a while to get in touch with my local contacts; otherwise I was unaffected.

Saturday I visited the shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe, which was the fulfillment of an old promise. Later in the day I went to the Teotihuacan pyramids; in the first 41 years of my life I managed to avoid climbing any pyramids, but on Saturday I made up for lost time by climbing three. I ended the day with a trip to the Tepotzotlan museum.

Sunday I visited the Church of the Holy Family and paid my respects to Bl. Fr. Pro; after that I went to Mass. Afterward I spent the afternoon at the Anthropological Museum.

Tomorrow I fly home; photos, video, and more details to follow.

1 comment:

Patti Petersen said...

I'm glad that you were able to make it to Guadelupe after all, Sean! Sounds like you made the most of your private pilgrimage and I know that you received a lot of graces during your time spent honoring Our Lady. Have a safe trip home and I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures when you get them uploaded.