Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New Gizmo

I am the recipient of a new birthday present: an Apple iPad.
For now I'm occupied in my spare time downloading applications for the device and configuring it for my own use. One of the first apps I installed was iBooks.
* First digital book downloaded: The Lord of the Rings
*
Second digital book downloaded: The Hobbit
My first personal touch, however, was to have this Latin inscription added to the reverse side:
Instaurare Omnia in Christo
Rendered in the vulgar tongue, it means, "To Restore All Things in Christ."

Qua patet orbis.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Sean, belated happy birthday! Love the new toy. Glad to see you're a Tolkien fan - me too.

Kansas Stitch Twister Daze said...

Happy birthday Sean. Mine was yesterday. I got flip flops and my own personal fan. Hope your birthday was as happy as mine.

Charlene

Sean said...

Thanks Charlene! With many happy returns to your and yours.